Well no no, not with prices duh. But the client itself just keeps getting better. For example they’ve recently added background downloading while playing a game which is a huge achievement I’ll give them that. They’ve also added few more new features such as:
- ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
- option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
- download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
- ‘Copy all text to clipboard’ context menu option in the System Information dialog
Additionally the Big Picture mode got some updates as well:
- ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
- inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
- fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
- fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn’t moved
Valve might not have the best pricing policy but it’s nice to finally see after all those years that they started fixing the download options.
Oh and by the way there’s a free weekend on Steam – this time you can play the game RAGE and if you like it you can purchase it at 75% off!