As most of you know, EA recently announced an exclusive DLC for preordering BF3. If you don’t purchase the pre-order or limited edition version of BF3, you will have to pay extra for the Karkand Expansion Pack. Karkand Expansion Pack is some guns and ammunition, which will create an unfair advantage people who pre-order. As well, charging people extra to play maps available on day one.
This was a decision made by EA, and not DICE. DICE and all of us need your help to get EA to wake up and change their decision. Please remember to be POLITE in these emails. A bunch of spamming telling them what dumb asses they are probably wont help much. This already happened once – a boycott called by Sarcastic Gamer against BFBC1, that eventually caused EA to change their mind.
The point is that we don’t want paid DLC that is going to split the community into groups of who does or does not have that DLC. You obviously can’t join a server if its running a map you don’t have. Bad Company 2 gave all its users the DLC for free. Now, I can see EAs reasoning about it from a console stand point (So that they still make a little money off of used games), but there is absolutely no reason for this on the PC. Obviously, you can’t buy used PC games. EA, if you won’t do this for everyone at LEAST do it for the PC community.
Official Twitter/Facebook pages:
EA Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ea
BF3 Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/battlefield
EA Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EA
BF3 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/battlefield
Important EA emails:
- John Riccitiello (CEO) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Brown (Exec VP, CFO) – email@example.com
- John Pleasants (COO) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Schappert – email@example.com Chief Operating Officer
- Leonard S. Coleman – firstname.lastname@example.org Director
- Jeff Huber – email@example.com Director
- Gary M. Kusin – firstname.lastname@example.org Director
- Barker, Ken – email@example.com Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- Geraldine Laybourne – firstname.lastname@example.org Director
- Gregory B. Maffei – email@example.com Director
- Vivek Paul – firstname.lastname@example.org Director
- Lawrence F. Probst III – email@example.com Chairman of the Board
- Richard A. Simonson – firstname.lastname@example.org Lead Director
- Linda J. Srere – email@example.com Director
Copy and paste this to your "send to" bar to save time: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone numbers for EA Games:
650-628-1500 – Redwood City
310-754-7000 – Los Angeles
EA support page: click
Link to original post on BF3 website: http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/battlefield-3-limited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available
Link to the poll on EA forums: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6801802.page
If ANYBODY gets a reply from EA, let us know what was said.
Big sites talking about it:
Source of the whole thing Reddit.