Some of you probably now that there’s a free weekend for Killing Floor 2 (EARLY ACCESS) and they have again lowered the price of this non-finished game 33% off. Are they fucking serious?
They have probably ran out of money for development at this point and had to do something to lure people into buying this.
What do we have here? Here is what I and my friends hate about this game:
- the game came out on April 21st – almost 9 months ago and their baby is not even close to being finished
- we had 2 or 3 major updates for this game, the last update added a new class along with crates, keys and some other cosmetic bullshit and broke the game
- the game currently crashes for a lot of people, it’s very unstable (more beta testers needed? lets make a free weekend!)
- the new Farmhouse map looks ugly, it has 2D sprites on it’s borders (it’s literally a square) and it looks like from the 90s
- the world is clipped so the bots wouldn’t go on top of everything, their AI is bullshit so they clipped the maps and limited the player areas to minimum
- those fucking black windows on buses, what the fuck? and when you shoot at them they behave like concrete, you can’t even shoot through them, it’s Unreal Engine 3 not Quake engine
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- hit sounds are horrible (the ones when you get hit, fall off), sounds like the character is vomiting
- some gun shots sounds are retarded, especially the new primary handgun sound
- the world feels indestructible and static (you can’t jump on barrels, some stairs, railings etc, you can’t destroy anything on the map – in 2015 it’s funny)
- the Polish translation is a disaster
Summing up if you counted on a really fun shooter just like the original Killing Floor you will be disappointed after few hours. Additonally it’s a big joke to do another sale during the early access period. Loyal fans hate that and I have considered myself one (got the Deluxe version on launch). Not anymore ;)
This is the last Tripwire Interactive game I’ve invested in. I thought that after Red Orchestra 2 they couldn’t do the same mistake again.